Sometimes you buy or download a book for your Nook reader that isn’t from Barnes and Noble and you want to be able to read it wherever you go. It’s easy to get an independently purchased book onto your eReader so that you don’t have to squint at a computer screen for hours while reading a good book. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be reading in no time.
How do I get it?
- Save the file in a special folder on your computer so you know exactly where it is.
- Connect your Nook to your computer using the USB cable.
- Open a window with the folder where you saved your book file.
- In another window, open your Nook drive. (Usually found under “My Computer” for Windows or on the desktop of your Mac.)
- Click on the book file in the first window and drag it into the root menu or the “My Documents” folder of your Nook drive.
- Once the files are transfered, safely eject your Nook from the computer by right-clicking on the Nook drive and selecting “Eject,” “Undock” or “Unmount.”
Want to download your file to another device?
I have more How-To’s in the links below: