Sometimes you buy or download a book from an author or book site and you want to be able to read it on your Kobo Reader. It’s easy to get an independently purchased book onto your Kobo Reader so that you don’t have to squint at a computer screen for hours while reading a good book. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be reading in no time.
How do I get it?
- Save the file in a special folder on your computer so you know exactly where it is.
- Connect your Kobo to your computer using the USB cable.
- On your Kobo select “Manage Library” when prompted.
- On a Windows computer, you should be prompted to “View Files.” On a Mac you may have to use your Finder application to navigate to your Kobo.
- Now open a window and find the ePub file in the folder you saved it in.
- Click on the book file in the first window and drag it into window displaying your Kobo drive.
- Once the files are transferred, safely eject your Kobo from the computer by right-clicking on the Kobo drive and selecting “Eject,” “Undock” or “Unmount.”
Want to download your file to another device?
I have more How-To’s in the links below: