Boyce Nation – March Update
My goodness, so much has been going on…
- I cancelled the Wraith of Kings preorder… but here’s why.
- I took down Wraithblade… but it’s a good thing & here’s what’s next.
Updates from my writing desk
The Wraithblade Book 2 outline continues…
Dude, I know.
Still. Not. Done.
It’s taking a while, but it is going to kick so much ass.
I’m thrilled with the direction its taking. I know you’ve been hearing that from me since January, and you’re probably sick of hearing it at this point. With the way this is evolving, I truly think it’ll be worth the wait.
That said, I’ve given us the firm deadline of March to finish the damn thing so that I can get writing.
I’m tweakin’ for a fix of that sweet, sweet word count.
This outline is taking longer than I expected, but I’m happy with it! I think you’re going to love the twists.
That said, I’m jonesing to get writing. I haven’t written in months and I’m starting to go a little crazy.
Anyone else addicted to that sweet, sweet word count?
— SM Boyce 📚 | Fantasy Author (@thesmboyce) February 21, 2021
The plan is to take this book at a more relaxed pace. In the past, I’ve had trouble with writing in unsustainable sprints that burn me out, and I’m going to shoot for a more sustainable “1 chapter per day” goal, 5 days per week.
- March – finish the outline & start writing Wraithblade #2.
- April – write up to Ch. 30
- May – write up to Ch. 55
- June – finish the rough drafts & begin the final polish
- July – finish the book & hand it over to my publisher
I’ll be posting my progress each day and week on Twitter, so come join me if you haven’t already.
What’s on your radar for March?
Comment below with your TBR, any stay-cations planned, and any fun things on your to-do list for this month.
Let’s keep in touch. This is the best way to get new release updates.
Join the email list
- My sassy self drops in your inbox once a month with bad jokes. (You’re welcome.)
- You get first dibs on new releases
- You find out things first because you’re special
Join the nerds-only Facebook group
I created this group specifically for readers like you to come together and share your lives and interests. You’ll get early insights to new releases and fun discussions to help you escape into magical worlds. I’m in here often & it’s a great way to connect.
Everyone in here is amazing, and you’ll fit right in. Head over and introduce yourself.